Friday 18 September 2015

'That suddenly the bees are heard...' | Spring Beauty & Skincare


An old blog post I never posted on here back from 2 years ago haha. Read on...


I have a confession...
I'm a bit of a beauty novice really. But occassionally I get into the mood to slap on some makeup, and look half way decent. Spring is one of those times. There's something about longer days and the smell of grass that makes me want to look a bit more colourful and smell like flowers. So I thought I'd tell you about my favourite skincare/ beauty things for spring, if you're abit of a beauty fiend like me this could inspire you to embrace spring beauty a bit!

#1 The Fragance

Daisy by Marc Jacobs



I was very lucky to recieve this lovely smelling perfume for my 19th birthday (thanks mum!) a couple months ago and I have to say I was chuffed to bits. I've never had a 'grown-up' perfume before (just body shop ones and abit of charlie fragance, haha) so I was rather excited to try this one out. It's really light and fresh; perfect for spring and summer. It is a tad pricey but I'd say its well worth it. It makes you smell exactly like Parma Violets, you know the purple sweets. Exactly like them: heaven!


#2 The Nail Polish




I think most of you would have seen this coming. But these nail polishes deserve to be raved about! Taaa-dah the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail paint. This ones in Blueberry and it's a gorge perwinkle blue. Other popular colours include Lychee: a natural creamy biege and Prickly Pear: a beautiful lilac (I may cave and buy this..shh, don't tell anyone!).  The formula of these is brilliant however they don't have loads of staying power so I recommend a good top coat if you want to get your moneys worth. These beauts retail at £3.99. 



#3 The Lippy




This will proably come as no surprise but generally I can be a bit of a cheapskate! I know, I know quality over quantity and all that jazz but I don't see why sometimes you can't have both. This lipstick is the perfect example. It's natural collection by boots and it only comes in at..wait for it...£1.99! cheap as chips (cheaper, if you go to a really fancy chip shop). I would say the quality is pretty good too, they last all day on me and their 'moiuster shine' formula is true to its name and doesn't dry out my lips to boot. This the shade biscuit and it's my fave of the lot, I think it really suits my skintone, but I'm sure it'll suit most of you lot too.




# The Blush



Now this may seem a little contradicting to what I said earlier about being a cheapskate, but somethings are worth the frankly hefty pricetag. Thus the blush I really loving for the warmer months has to be Springsheen by Mac. Even the name is perfect, its also really fun to say five times fast SpringsheenSpringsheenSpringsheen- ok I'll stop now! This blush is the perfect  peachy pink with shimmers of gold, but it isn't too shimmy.I would say it quite sheer but you can definitely build it up, it makes you look dewy but not like a walking piece of glitter. I wear this pretty much everyday hence why I'm very very close to being out. It's been well loved.



I hope you enjoyed this post! My next one will most likely be a fashion one, but you never know; if you have any suggestions to what you'd like to see on my blog whether it be reviews ( I have one in the works), outfits, lifestyle, tags or even a cheeky bit of beauty then let me know!

Phia x

No comments:

Post a Comment